The Houston Minority Supplier Development Council (HMSDC) is recognized as a model in setting the highest standards of excellence by bringing Corporate Members and Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) together to create mutual value.
The mission of HMSDC is to actively involve its members in efforts that will increase and expand business opportunities and business growth for Minority Business Enterprises and to drive excellence in supplier diversity and supplier development.
In carrying out its mission, the Houston Minority Supplier Development Council will:
- Be accountable to Corporate Members, MBEs and the Community for verifiable results in minority business development.
- Be a recognized standard of ethics, quality, leadership, cooperation and prestige, reflective of member pride and commitment.
- Promote business opportunities and capabilities of minority entrepreneurs, and work to eliminate barriers to equal economic opportunity for MBEs in the marketplace.
- Be proactive in helping MBEs respond to issues and developments which impact their business opportunities and growth.
- Promote educational research activities and services directed at the establishment, development, expansion and encouragement of minority-owned businesses.
- Be a reliable, effective source for identifying capable and competitive MBEs.
- Help corporations and government agencies develop, maintain and expand minority business development programs and recognize those that conduct outstanding programs.