Corporate Member Benefits
You are invited to join more than 130 major corporations and government entities as a corporate member of the Houston Minority Supplier Development Council (HMSDC). HMSDC was founded by major corporations to develop minority-owned businesses that create jobs, support economic self-sufficiency and increase purchasing power in diverse communities. In other words, our minority business enterprises (MBEs) build an economic engine that help our city and its surrounding areas become stronger!
Corporate members of HMSDC benefit by expanding their link to the rapidly growing minority business marketplace and by gaining greater access to a qualified and certified source of suppliers. This increases competition, helps to reduce cost and improve supplier quality. Your support and involvement in HMSDC will make a significant contribution to our local businesses and the growth of the economy. The HMSDC is a vehicle that can assist corporations in developing, marketing and enhancing their minority business development program in a productive and efficient manner.
Our expectation of your support is not a one-way street! HMSDC Corporate Members benefit from their involvement with HMSDC by:
- Access to a larger pool of qualified suppliers
- Opening new business opportunities to qualified MBEs
- Resources to help you achieve a supplier base that more closely reflects your customer demographics
- Increased opportunity for greater savings and higher quality goods and services due to increased competition
- Resources to make doing business with MBEs easy and simple
- Increased return on investment (ROI) from minority business development and corporate economic development efforts in the community where you do business
- Opportunity to enhance your ethnic market sales initiatives
- Reinforce your commitment to as a corporate citizen by building new and creating stronger local community relationships
Supplier Diversity Program Support
- Assistance in developing or improving your company’s supplier diversity programs
- Meeting the demands of your customers, and/or government compliance requirements
- Identifying suppliers who bring you considerable cost savings via procurement sourcing, One-to-One Matchmakers, Industry Forums, and our custom “How To Do Business” sessions
- Gaining insight on marketplace trends and opportunities
- Mentoring through our “Buddy System” from our Supplier Diversity Advisory Committee (SDAC)
- Benchmarking opportunities with industry peers
- Discounted rates at all HMSDC events and activities
These are just a few reasons why many corporations place such high value on their membership with HMSDC! Please contact Marshette Turner, Director of Corporate Services with any questions at Marshette.Turner@hmsdc.org or via telephone at (713) 271-7805.