Corporate Member Benefits
You are invited to join more than 130 major corporations and government entities as a corporate member of the Houston Minority Supplier Development Council (HMSDC). HMSDC is the primary organization to identify qualified minority-owned businesses for consideration in your supply chain and purchasing efforts. HMSDC was founded by major corporations to develop a program that will certify and assist in the development of minority owned business to conduct business with. In return, developing an economic system that provide job creation and induced income to contribute to the growth and development of communities in which we live and work.
Corporate members of HMSDC benefit by engaging with the rapidly growing minority business marketplace and gaining access to qualified and certified suppliers. Your support and involvement in HMSDC makes a significant contribution to our local business and economic growth. HMSDC is a vehicle that assist corporations in developing, marketing and enhancing their supplier diversity program.
HMSDC Corporate Members benefit from their involvement with HMSDC by:
- Access to qualified & certified suppliers (Local and National)
- Resources to help achieve a supplier base that closely reflects customers’ demographics
- Increased opportunity for greater savings due to increased competition
- Identify suppliers via procurement sourcing, One-to-One Matchmakers, Industry Forums, and our custom “How to Do Business” sessions
- Increased return on investment (ROI) from minority business development and economic development in communities in which we live and work.
- Reinforce your commitment as a corporate citizen by building stronger local community relationships
Supplier Diversity Program Support
- Assistance in developing or improving your company’s supplier diversity programs
- Meeting the demands of your customers’ compliance requirements
- Participate in the mentoring program, “Buddy System”, designed by the Supplier Diversity Advisory Committee (SDAC)
- Benchmark best practices with industry peers
- Discounted rates at all HMSDC events and activities
These are just a few reasons why many corporations place high value on their membership with HMSDC. Please contact Angela Freeman, Sr. Director of Corporate Services vis email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (713) 271-7805.